FSSAI Registration Road map for Food Business operators
The Sign-up Procedure
· Visit the FSSAI Website and click on the “Sign up” on the right top corner of the page
· Applicant’s Name, Address, Contact number and Email address should be filled correct and make sure that the Email and Contact number provided is in active status.
· Once registered, “Account created successfully” message appears along with a confirmation email and SMS sent to your registered mobile number.
· This online account created is valid only for 30 days and so need to make sure the registration process is completed within 30 days, after which the ID will be disabled.
The Self – Care Registration
Every company has an Annual turnover, which determines the type of registration to be applied for. One should choose the registration form accordingly too.
· Form A – Simple Registration – Up to 12 Lakhs per annum
· Form B – State License – 12 Lakhs to 20 Crores per Annum
· Form B – Central License – More than 20 Crores
Following are the list of supporting documents to be submitted online
1. Photo ID of the Food Business owner
2. Company registration certificate
3. Partnership Certificate or Certificate of Incorporation
4. List of the products that is going to be manufactured
5. Safety Management procedures
6. Details of Machinery used
Charges for Registration & License Number
· It is to be noted that the license can be applied only for 5 years maximum.
· Basic registration charges is INR 100 per year
· State License charges is INR 5000 per year
· Central License charges is INR 7500 per year
· Upon completion of registration, the applicant will receive a 14 digit License Number